Helping Every Child to Engage and Lead Change In Their World
Our new School Council’s vision is to help every child engage and lead change in their world and be involved in democracy.
We aim to
- Allow every child to become a productive citizen.
- Allow every child to be involved in democracy, particularly involving British Values.
- Listen to each other and try help solve problems.
- Improve children’s communication skills.
- Improve our learning.
- Improve our school environment.
- Support charities.
- Hold fund raising events.
The School Council will be overseen by Mrs Kirby and will aim to have the following:
- A representative from every class who will gather ideas from their classmates and feed back to them after meetings. This will ensure that all pupil voices are heard.
- Full council meetings held every half term to discuss pupil findings and plan for implementation of ideas as appropriate.
- Additional responsibilities given to Year 6 representatives who will chair meetings, record minutes and produce a termly newsletter.
Look below to see how we are progressing…
Our Communications Team
Keep checking on here to see their new roles and what they are doing for your school!